Healthcare Management Tool Legal Rights
From the list below, choose one topic and identify two legal obligations of a health service organization to the patient or consumer and then write a paper discussing all the areas listed in the outline following this subject list. Include a cover page and a list of references at the end of the paper in APA Format. Paper will be double spaced and be 4-5 pages in 12 point New Times Roman font. [No deduction if paper exceeds a page or so. Thus 3 and half page paper will be penalized.]
- The Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA)
- Elder abuse Mandatory Reporting
- Child abuse Mandatory Reporting
- HIV Mandatory Reporting
- The False Claims Act- the civil penalties
- TB Mandatory Reporting
- Proper treatment of environmental hazards.
- Medical error-Critical Incident
- False credentials of health care personnel
- Medical Charting violation
- Violation of HIPAA- confidentiality
- Failure to treat patients in a timely manner
- Failure to maintain required Staffing ratios
- Research integrity
- Patient Choice and treatment consent
NOTE: The majority of the paper should be devoted to numbered sections 3 and 4 below in the outline below:
Outline. Must use the underlined headings from the outline below in your paper and the paper must be in narrative form not outline or bullet format. -2pts from 12.5pts paper is worth if underlined headings not used in your paper.
1. Official Title of the Law or Laws:
Indicate the official title of the federal and/or state law, the statute and section number. Must be either a federal or state statute or you must cite both if applicable. [Thus if there is both a federal and state law that covers the subject you picked then you must cite both]
2. Health Service Organizationâ€™s Obligations to meet Patient Legal Rights:
Describe and provide details about two legal obligations including the citation and source of documents describing the patient or consumerâ€™s rights. Use in-text citations for all statistical references.
3. Consequences for Non-Compliance:
Identify two (2) specific consequences, for each of the two legal obligations discussed, to the organization for non-compliance. Must cite specific cases that you have found via the internet or or print media. In other words, what would happen if the organization neglected to meet its obligations to the patient or consumer? Be specific. Provide citation to back up your claim of the consequences. Students must use 1 documented example retrieved from the print media. Provide link to source of information.
4. Health Service Organization Management Actions to meet Legal Obligations for Patient Rights:
Describe in detail three (3) specific management actions to ensure the health care organizations meet patient and consumer requirements. Note: These actions may include specific uses of technology, procedures, human resource training, and other management tools. However these action steps must be within the control of a manager.
5. Conclusion: Summary of your findings above.
6. Reference List [APAFormat]
The paper must be:
- Be sure and use the underlined headings found in the outline below in your paper. Paper must be in narrative format not outline or bullets.
- Must footnote all facts in the paper. For example use sequential numbers starting with “1” and this number should correspond to full citation at the end of the paper. Do not put footnote citations at end of each page but at end of entire paper.
- Include a cover page [not counted as a page] which should have student name and title of your paper [Provide a short name for the legal responsibility the specific health care organization has for one type of patient right in a specific setting ]
- A the end of the paper a list of references in APA Format [not counted as a page]
- Be prepared using word-processing software and saved with a .doc, .docx, or .rtf extension. No pdf.
- Be uploaded to your Assignments Folder by 11:59 p.m. eastern time on the due date.
- Late penalties: Paper is due by due date but if there occurs is an extraordinary event beyond your control, then you need to contact me as to the reason and then we can discuss a new due date if I agree with your excuse. In every case of an extension you will be penalized 11% [no chance for an A on the paper] for the first day late and an additional .5 pt for each day thereafter, no matter the excuse deducted from the 12.5pts paper is worth.
- The paper is to be posted in Assignment #1 drop box.
Except where noted, the assignment is written in clear, concise narrative. All sections of Assignment #1 are required. The majority of the paper should be devoted to the management actions to meet the legal obligations.
Grading Rubric for written Assignment #1
Critical Thinking Skills: Clearly presents thoughts and concepts.
Course Content: Uses, applies, and demonstrates understanding of course materials, readings, conferences, and instructor-provided content.
Assignment Instructions: Responds to assignment instructions, including all essential elements of the project description.
Writing Quality: Writes clearly, concisely, and with few errors. APA format is followed. Citations are used. Clearly presents material. Easy to understand.
Maximum total points
Need your ASSIGNMENT done? Use our paper writing service to score good grades and meet your deadlines.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper