Focus of the Final Paper
Read Cases 1-3 and 6-6 on Coca-Cola. Assume the role of a management consultant reporting to the CEO and Board of Directors at Coca-Cola. In your report, address the following analysis questions:
- Describe and evaluate Coca-Colaâ€™s marketing and innovation strategy transformation designed to position the company on the cutting edge of consumer trends.
- Critically evaluate Coca-Colaâ€™s product strategy of developing healthy beverages.
- Examine the underlying logic of Mary Minnickâ€™s emphasis on understanding why people consume beverages.
- Discuss the underlying logic of the non-carb drinks strategy.
- Compare and contrast the performance of Coca-Cola and Pepsi.
The assignment requires research to establish relevant background information; a clear definition of marketing problems and opportunities; and astute strategic recommendations to management.
It is suggested that you make use of the Ashford Online Libraryâ€™s Mergent database in your research. Mergent offers detailed company reports and other company information that will be useful in writing your Final Paper.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
a. Title of paper
b. Studentâ€™s name
c. Course name and number
d. Instructorâ€™s name
e. Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least six scholarly sources, including a minimum of three from the Ashford Online Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center